Saturday, January 2, 2016

Celebrate You

Hi Everyone - Happy New Year!  It's 2016 and I have good feelings about what's to come.  Hope you're enjoying the new year so far!

Today I'm sharing an SCS Challenge card inspired by beautiful watercolor prints at an Etsy store called The Wildlands.  I've been spending most of my time creating projects to display and demonstrate at my upcoming Stampin' Up Open House and when I saw today's SCS Challenge and the amazing art I knew I had to take a break to play!!  Here's a link to the Challenge thread SCS IC526 and a link to my inspiration art piece The Wildlands Nautical Nursery.

This card was so easy to make - it took me longer to figure out how to upload, crop and watermark the photos in my new PSE version than it did to make!!


Celebrate You


The first step was punching three flowers out of thick card stock to use as a watercoloring mask. Definitely not the ideal mask since it allowed much of the color to bleed, but I'm okay with that. Next step was to place the mask onto the watercolor paper using temporary glue, then to dab various ink colors into the open/punched flower area using an artist brush.

As you can see when I removed the mask there was quite a bit of color bleeding - so after the panel was dry I stamped the Birthday Blossoms flower over the images watercolored areas using Archival Black ink - this helped to redefine the images as flowers (yep, they were looking more like oddly shaped colorful blobs LOL).

Here's another photo:
Celebrate You


Next I splattered Melon Mambo ink on the watercolored panel and adhered that to a piece of Melon Mambo card stock, then splattered more Melen Mambo ink to the card base and stamped the sentiment. Last steps were adding some little white dots using a gel pen, and adding the finishing gold thread and little rhinestone jewel elements.

Below are the items used to make today's card:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Thanks everyone for stopping by my new Blog!!  Happy 2016!!

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment